Ultra Preventive Multi Vitamin Special Formula C 120 ct
Let’s face it: choosing a daily multivitamin is not as easy as it sounds. We can quickly be overwhelmed by ingredients, medical jargon, dosages, multi-level company pitches, and online opinions, not to mention price!
One common argument is that including enough essential nutrients in our diets should mean we don’t need to take a daily multivitamin. However, it is unlikely that most of us have a perfect diet, and even if we did, many foods are depleted of nutrients because they are grown in polluted and over-used soils stripped of essential minerals. Furthermore, certain popular herbicides cause soil to sequester vital nutrients, making it impossible for plants to properly incorporate them as they grow and develop. And thus we see the need for a daily multivitamin.
The following components make Ultra Preventive Multi Vitamin-Mineral (Special Formula C) a unique formula well suited for the full spectrum of health needs.
- Active B vitamins – In order to become active in the body, certain B vitamins must be methylated. Most supplements contain lesser-quality B vitamins which must be converted by the liver into their active forms, making it more difficult for cells to gain benefits. In addition, an estimated 30% of the population suffers from defects in this essential metabolic process. Ultra Preventive Multi Vitamin-Minerals contain methylated forms of Folate (as L-Methylfolate), Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin), Vitamin B2, and Vitamin B6. Supplementing with active forms of B vitamins can improve depression management by enhancing antidepressant response and boosting work, home, and social functioning. It can also improve treatment for bipolar 1 disorder. Active forms of B vitamins relieve pain in diabetic neuropathy, low back pain, and neuralgia, and they can improve nutritional status in pregnant women. These vitamins also reduce the risk of stroke, cardiac events, and dementia by lowering total homocysteine plasma concentrations.
- Vital trace minerals – Many of the body’s biological processes rely on trace minerals to act as tools for proper cell function. Unfortunately, not all mineral supplements have equal assimilation. Ultra Preventive Vitamin-Minerals contain a complex which supplies a full spectrum of trace and ultratrace minerals from the Great Salt Lake. In ionic form, these minerals are more bioavailable than lower-quality supplements.
- Spirulina – One of the world’s most popular superfoods, spirulina enhances the bioavailability and assimilation of other vitamins and minerals by providing additional naturally-occuring phytonutrients and amino acids.
- High doses of biotin – B vitamins generally play critical roles in cell metabolism, and biotin (Vitamin B7), has been shown to significantly increase nail thickness, improve brittle fingernails, and promote hair growth.
- Superior formulation – Vitamins and minerals blended in complementary ratios maximize cellular function, regeneration, and repair.
- Higher doses of key ingredients – When compared with typical supplements, Ultra Preventive Multi Vitamin-Minerals contain higher doses of Potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Zinc.
- Veggie capsules – These plant-based capsules are a great option for those who are vegetarian or gluten-free.