Thyroid Support 4 oz
The synergistic blend of tinctures and essential oils in the Thyroid Support tincture supports the thyroid by increasing production of thyroid hormones, converting hormones to their most active form, and assisting the cells in absorbing hormones. Liquid-based forms of herbs (e.g. tinctures, glycerin macerates, oils, teas) are better absorbed and assimilated because they can cross the gut lining more easily. In addition, these balancing herbs can usually be combined with prescription medications without difficulty. (Note: Any person needing thyroid medication should meet regularly with his or her healthcare provider.)
- Oat (Avena sativa) straw mother tincture: This important food source is grown all over the world, and its leaves and stems have additional medicinal benefits. When used in tincture form, oat straw balances chemical messengers that communicate between the brain and the thyroid. It also balances the thyroid with other hormones like estrogen, adrenal hormones, and insulin.
- Goji (Lycium barbarum) leaf mother tincture: Also known as Wolfberry, Goji berries and leaves have been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years, and they contain high amounts of vitamins, carotenoids, trace minerals, and amino acids. Goji increases thyroid efficiency and stimulates the secretion of thyroid hormones. The thyroid is particularly vulnerable to oxidative stress from radiation, pesticides, and toxins, and it is negatively impacted by foods containing gluten. Goji heals the thyroid by combating free radicals and inflammation that result from these negative exposures. As an immunomodulator, Goji also assists with the strength and balance of the immune system.
- Kelp (Fucus vesiculosus): More than any other part of the body, the thyroid depends on iodine for proper production of its hormones. However, adequate consumption of iodine is difficult for many people since this mineral is most easily found in sea foods like fish or sea vegetables. Kelp is a seaweed known for its high iodine content, and it can support the thyroid even better than isolated iodine supplements. When the whole kelp plant is used, its holistic synergism provides additional trace minerals and phytonutrients.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) flower oil: A nervous system that is out of balance makes thyroid hormones less efficient by disrupting their proper balance and metabolism. Lavender is known for its ability to calm and soothe the nervous system, and it can combat these effects of chronic stress. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties also protect the thyroid from damage and sluggishness caused by environmental and dietary toxins.
- Ginger (Zinziber officinale) root oil: This versatile herb has a wide range of healing properties for numerous body systems. Ginger soothes the stomach and supports digestion by improving secretion of digestive juices, emptying stomach contents into the intestines, and protecting the stomach lining. As a natural anti-inflammatory, it helps the thyroid cells work more effectively. Ginger can also reverse thyroid damage caused by BPA, an extremely common environmental toxin found in plastics.
- Frankincense (Boswellia carteri) resin oil: When the thyroid gland is damaged by free radical oxidation or inflammation, it overproduces or underproduces hormones that impact every other body system. Furthermore, inflammation inhibits cellular receptors that receive and introduce hormones into cells. Frankincense is one of the world’s best anti-inflammatory herbs, and it can stabilize hormone production and restore cellular function. The boswellic acids in Frankincense have also demonstrated anti-cancer properties.
Out of stock