Super Alpha Calm 120 ct
Super Alpha Calm is a simple but powerful combination of herbs that promotes a calm nervous system without the sedation from many synthetic prescription medications. By nourishing and supporting an overtaxed body and mind, this synergistic blend captures the power of botanicals for rejuvenation. Each extract has mood-stabilizing effects and can help with depression, anxiety, memory, and focus. The essential oils of lavender, petitgrain, and bergamot provide additional calming sensations. This blend is a tincture suspended in a pregelatinized starch, and once it mixes with stomach fluid it is digested quickly and easily. Easy digestion makes it a soothing option for people suffering from any GI distress. The inclusion of a compound called inositol sets Soothing Calm apart from other nutritional supplements by providing calming, stabilizing support of the neurotransmitters.
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata): This plant native to the Americas is used widely as a nerve tonic to treat stress, anxiety, and insomnia. Passionflower treats emotional and physical discomfort associated with PMS and menopause, lowers blood pressure, and fights inflammation with its antioxidant compounds. It also promotes restful sleep and prevents overstimulation by increasing brain levels of GABA (gamma amino-butyric acid), an inhibitory neurotransmitter.
- Hawthorne (Crataegus oxycantha): Historically, the bark, leaves, and stems of this northern European plant have been used for medicinal purposes. It is used to calm anxiety and soothe the nerves, and it is particularly helpful in soothing stress-related heart conditions, including high blood pressure and palpitations. Hawthorne is also a powerful antioxidant known to boost the immune system and support digestion.
- Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis) leaf: A member of the mint family, lemon balm decreases stress by increasing availability of GABA in the brain. It can alleviate gas, bloating, and discomfort by regulating nerves affecting digestion, and it is also helpful for hot flashes associated with menopause. Lemon balm is used frequently for insomnia and palpitations, and can also improve cognition and irritability in people with Alzheimer’s disease.
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica): This perennial plant is native to North America and works gently to calm anxiety, reduce pain, and suppress muscle spasms in every stage of life. In children, California poppy can treat insomnia, bedwetting, anxiety, nervous tension, ADD, and ADHD. In older adults, it can improve memory, concentration, and quality of sleep. As opposed to prescription medications that will often cause drowsiness, California Poppy can calm the nerves without making you sleepy.
- Inositol: This molecule is found in high concentrations in the brain. It is imperative for communication between brain cells because it acts like the signal between a computer and the internet; without a signal, no information can be downloaded. Neurotransmitters cannot be conveyed to brain cells without the help of inositol! These two huge players in neurochemistry are responsible for regulating mood, productivity, stress management, learning, memory, sleep, food cravings, and addictions. Studies have shown that inositol supplements are effective in treating anxiety, panic attacks, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bulimia symptoms, mood swings from PMS and PMDD, and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) oil: This versatile and widely used oil is a gentle and powerful healer for nearly every body system. It contains multiple different chemical constituents that soothe and nourish the nervous system. It can improve mood, support proper sleep, and increase effective brain function. In addition to its calming effects, it also contains antimicrobial chemicals. It helps boost the immune system while providing antioxidants that decrease inflammation. It also supports the body’s own healing response and improves digestion.
- Bergamot (Citrus aurantium bergamia) oil: This oil comes from the peel of the Citrus bergamia plant, and is widely sought after for its anti-depressive effects. It is one of the top essential oils for treating anxiety, and is also used for treating pain worsened by stress and inflammation. Other uses include supporting sleep and digestion. Bergamot has antimicrobial properties and contains a component called linalool which fights against candida.
- Petitgrain (Citrus aurantium amara) oil: Derived from the bitter orange tree, Petitgrain is a powerful relaxer, especially in combination with other calming oils like Bergamot and Lavender. Petitgrain promotes restful sleep, decreases anxiety, and relaxes muscles with its chemical components linalyl acetate, linalool, and alpha-terpineol.